"an inclusive, thriving and connected community"
Council’s Strategic Plan will assist in driving future prosperity in the Dorset region. The Strategic Plan simply and easily defines what Council will be doing over the 2023 – 2032 term and why these initiatives are important to the municipality. The Strategic Plan centres on four key pillars, including improving the liveability of the community, stimulating economic growth, improving service delivery and reducing Council’s environmental footprint.
- Council's rates, fees and charges provide value to the community and are some of the lowest in regional Australia
- all Council buildings are free of charge to Dorset community groups
- all recreational facilities are free of charge to Dorset sporting groups
- entry to Council swimming pools is free of charge
- Planning approval fees for development of eligible new small businesses and existing larger businesses are discounted by 50%;
- Renewal of annual food business registration fees are waived for permanent residents; and
- New small businesses are eligible for a 50% rate remission during their first 12 months of operation.