Dorset - challenging the status quo
At Dorset we do things differently
We believe Councils should be efficient, should provide more value to ratepayers and can implement practical initiatives to stimulate and create an investment friendly environment. Our philosophy is to keep rates and fees and charges amongst the lowest in regional Australia, support business investment and make Council facilities available free of charge to the community.
Did you know....
- rates on a typical house in Scottsdale are generally between 15% and 30% lower than most Tasmanian Councils
- Council did not increase fees and charges from 1 July 2015 to 1 July 2021
- all Council buildings are free of charge to community groups
- all recreational facilities are free of charge to sporting groups
- entry to Council swimming pools is free of charge
- Council waives all approval fees for businesses
- Council doesn't charge an annual food registration licence fee
- new small businesses receive rate rebates
- expanding businesses receive rate rebates