Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 29 June 2015
- Acknowledged the service and observed a minutes silence for Late Mayor, Councillor Barry Jarvis.
- Approved and adopted the Dorset Council Budget Estimates 2015-2016 including an increase in the general rate of 2.5%, capital works program of $10 million including $6.6 million for renewal of Council’s assets and $3.4 million for investment in new and upgraded assets.
- Approved and adopted the Dorset Council Rates and Charges for 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016.
- Adopted the revised Rates and Charges Policy including removal of discount for early payment, partial rate remissions for islands and jetties, and increasing the minimum rate for a property with a conservation convenant to $200.00.
- Adopted the Dorset Council Fees and Charges 2015-2016.
- Received and noted Dorset Council Managers’ Briefing Reports.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Councillor Hall to discontinue funding of Northern Tasmania Development, effective 30 June 2015.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Councillor Quilliam to commit to investigating State and Federal Government funding sources to construct a western access road into Bridport.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Councillor Archer to investigate the feasibility of investing in the proposed Scottsdale Irrigation Scheme.
- Approved the revised Asset Management Policy Number 33 and received and noted the newly written draft Asset Management Strategy.
- Received and noted the Roads, Bridges and Building Asset Management Plans for use as planning and guidance documents for future budgets, applications for grant funding and community consultation.
- Adopted the revised Dog Management Policy.
- Adopted the revised Personal Information Protection Policy.
- Adopted the Public Liability Insurance for Community Groups Policy with a new clause for low risk usage.
- Received and noted the 26 May 2015 unconfirmed Audit Panel minutes.
- Received and adopted the Dorset Council Annual Plan 2015-2016.
For further information on any of these items, please contact the Acting Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).