Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 20 July 2015
- Received and noted Dorset Council Managers’ Briefing Reports.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Councillor Hall to write to Parks & Wildlife requesting that the Cuckoo Falls track be reopened for the upcoming tourist season.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Councillor Quilliam to support the construction of a pier at Bridport and to support the Pier Group to seek funding for this project.
- Endorsed a Notice of Motion from Acting Mayor Howard to write to the Department of State Growth and Minister Rene Hidding requesting a reduction in the speed limit on the sections of the Tasman Highway and George Street in Scottsdale between Arthur and Alfred Streets to 50 kph.
- Received and noted the Waste Management Plan 2015-2019.
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Annual Plan 2014-2015 Final Report, noting a compliance score of 96%.
For further information on any of these items, please contact the Acting Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).