For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 19 September 2016
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Management Briefing Report.
- Resolved to set aside an area for free camping at the Ringarooma Recreation Ground for self-contained vehicles and that appropriate signage be erected.
- Adopted the revised Policy No 4 – Sponsorship of Sporting and Cultural Representatives Policy.
- Adopted the 2016 Update of the Dorset Strategic Plan 2014-2018.
- Approved the following budget variations:
- Increased the current budgeted amount by $4,360 for the Scottsdale Children’s Reserve and Memorial Park Masterplan - Playground Equipment to install rubber soft-fall
- Increased the current budgeted amount by $33,100 to replace a Tip Truck
- Considered a request from the Branxholm Community Pines Committee and agreed to accept their offer of $8,150 to resurface the Branxholm Community Tennis/Basketball Court.
- Formally resolved to support and financially underwrite the merger of the James Scott and Aminya aged care facilities under the operation of May Shaw, and commit to financing the subsequent redevelopment where required.