For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500)
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 17 October 2016
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Management Briefing Report.
- Resolved to write to the Department of State Growth requesting the Scottsdale High School 40km/h speed zone be extended into William Street and a school crossing be installed, south of the Coplestone/William Street intersection.
- Received, noted and adopted the annual financial statements for the year ending 30 June 2016.
- Approved funding through the Community Matching Funding Grants to Arts on Track ($7,750), Bridport CWA ($4,133) and the Derby Netball Club ($4,248).
- Approved funding through the Councillors Discretionary Grants to the North East Pacing Club ($7,500), Pioneer Hall Management Committee ($3,000), Bridport Innovations ($1,935) and the Derby Community Development Association Inc ($2,565).
- Approved funding through Small Grants to Bridport Show & Shine ($1,000), Scottsdale Cattle Handlers ($978) and Northbourne Park Residents Society ($1,000).
- Received and noted the information provided on the Building Asset Management Plan.
- Received and noted the September Quarterly Report of the Annual Plan 2016/2017.
- Supported the installation of a Giant Swing with Birds Nest, Five Way Swing, Cableway and BLOQX 4 with tailored softfall as part of the approved Bridport Community Playground and resolved that the playground be located between the Bridport Hall and the Bridport boat parking area.