For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 20 February 2017
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Management Briefing Report.
- Resolved to lodge a submission similar to that proposed by MLCs Rattray and Hall against the proposed 2016-17 Legislative Council Electoral Boundaries changes.
- Agreed to defer Dorset Annual Plan Item 7 “Participate in the biennial LGAT Community Survey process” until 2017/2018.
- Agreed that net proceeds after relocation costs (if any) realised from asset sales in Derby be used for future investment in the mountain bike trail network or associated infrastructure required in Derby.
- Agreed to the sale by public auction of 9 Main Street, Derby and a portion of land adjacent to the Derby Hall, known as part of 80-82 Main Street, Derby subject to conditions.
- Received and noted the Financial Report for the period ended 31 December 2016.
- Approved funding under the Small Grants Program of $1,000 to Samurai Jujitsu Scottsdale to assist with purchasing new protective mats.
- Approved funding under the Community Matching Funding Grant Program of $13,409 to the Scottsdale Netball Club to resurface the two netball courts within the Scottsdale Recreation Ground Precinct.
- Approved a delegation to the General Manager to acquire land. under Section 176 of the Local Government Act 1993.