For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 26 June 2017
- Approved and adopted the Dorset Council Budget Estimates 2017-18 including:
- An increase in general rate revenue of 2%
- A capital works program of $10.3 million including $4.3 million for renewal of Council’s assets and $5.7 million for investment in new and upgraded assets
- Approved and adopted the Dorset Council Rates and Charges for 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018 which includes:
- A reduction in cent in $ of Assessed Annual Value of 5.58% due to the overall increase in property valuations from the 2017 fresh valuation of Dorset
- Noted varying increases and decreases in Rates and Charges due to property revaluations
- Adopted the Dorset Council Fees and Charges 2017-18
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Management Briefing Report.
- Received a petition presented by Mr Richard Forrest supporting the proposed North East Rail Trail project.
- Deferred the review of the Road Policy to be discussed at a future Workshop.
- Voted against contributing funding to the campaign by the Local Government Association of Tasmania against the State Government takeover of TasWater.
- Appointed Councillors Stein and Jessup as members of the Dorset Council Audit Panel and Councillor Quilliam as an alternate member.
- Adopted the Dorset Council Annual Plan 2017-18.
- Noted the review of the Rates and Charges Policy with no alterations.