For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 18 September 2017
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Management Briefing Report.
- Deferred item 180/17 to adopt the revised Public Interest Disclosure Act 2002 Dorset Council Procedures for further discussion at the October Council Workshop.
- Agreed to rescind determination 249/16 made at the 19 December 2016 Council Meeting agreeing to proceed with the sale of the old Winnaleah Fire Station by listing the property for sale through a real estate agent.
- Agreed to transfer the former Winnaleah Fire Station to the North East Lions Club at nil cost subject to conditions.
- Received the Northern Tasmanian Council Shared Services Study Report prepared by KPMG and to advise the Minister for Local Government that Council has formally considered the outcomes of the Study.
- Agreed to rescind determination 228/16 made at the 21 November 2016 Council Meeting to donate eight (8) lots of land located in Beattie Street/Spotswood Drive, Scottsdale to CatholicCare.
- Resolved an intent to sell Certificate of Title 9413 lots 104-113 located in Beattie Street/Spotswood Drive, Scottsdale under Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1993.
- Granted delegated authority to the General Manager to negotiate contributions toward the cost of maintaining the Blue Derby trail network.