For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 20 November 2017
- Held the Annual General Meeting and presented the 2016/2017 Annual Report.
- Agreed to an amended Notice of Motion from Cr Archer to make the recording of open Council Meetings available to the public via usb stick or equivalent.
- Deferred a Notice of Motion from Cr Jessup regarding the upgrade of the Tasman Highway from Minstone Roads to Corkerys Road.
- Agreed to a Notice of Motion from Cr Howard to provide $10,000 to the Destination Action Plan Group for the implementation of the North East and Dorset Destination Action Plan.
- Agreed to an amended Notice of Motion from Cr Howard to:
- waive user fees and charges for community use of the Scottsdale and Branxholm Swimming Pools, and
- to contribute the full cost to the management committees of the Winnaleah and Ringarooma pools with no charge to users of the pool with these initiatives to be reviewed annually.
- Approved a planning application for the Bridport Western Access Road.
- Approved funding through the 2017/18 Community Matching Funding Grants to theScottsdale Squash Club ($7,746), Ringarooma Swimming Pool ($2,437), Nabowla Community Association ($1,410), Scottsdale Golf Club ($2,340) and Dorset Men’s Shed ($2,192).
- Approved funding through the 2017/18 Small Grants to the Scottsdale Amateur Swimming Club ($950) and North East Legendairy Women’s Network (Dairy Tas.) ($1,000).
- Endorsed that the Scottsdale Visitor Information Centre remain in its current location under the management of Helen Shepherd until Council has the opportunity to look at all options available at a future Workshop.
- Received and noted the Financial Report for the period ended 30 September 2017.
- Adopted the Schedule of Ordinary Council Meetings and Briefing Workshops for 2018.
- Approved the sale of Certificate of Titles 9413 lots 104-113 (Spotswood Drive/Beattie Street, Scottsdale) in compliance with Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1993.