For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 18 December 2017
- Agreed to a Notice of Motion from Cr Jessup to:
- Write to both the State and Federal Governments and opposition politicians outlining Dorset Council’s priority to upgrade the Tasman Highway from Minstone Roads to Corkerys Road to B Double standard; and
- Contribute $2 million towards the upgrade provided State, Federal or both tiers of Government provide the remaining required funding to complete the upgrade by 2021.
- Adopted the revised Customer Service Charter.
- Agreed to make no changes to the current Bridport Cemetery Policy.
- Agreed to rescind the Capital Expenditure on New or Improved Assets Policy.
- Approved a planning application for a new water treatment plan and associated infrastructure at Herrick.
- Appointed Mr David Clough as Chairperson of Council’s Audit Panel for a term of two (2) years.
- Approved a budget variation of $20,000 to allow Council to provide $10,000 to each of the management committees of the Winnaleah and Ringarooma Swimming Pools.
- Resolved an intent to donate 61 George Street, Scottsdale and 6 Arnold Place, Scottsdale to CatholicCare in compliance with Sections 177 & 178 of the Local Government Act 1993.