For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 15 October 2018
- Did not support a motion to list recent correspondence and proposal received from City of Launceston regarding the North East Railway on the November 2018 Council Meeting Agenda.
- Agreed to a Notice of Motion from Cr Howard to adopt a Wood Encouragement Policy and encourage the use of wood as a competitive building product within the Dorset Municipality.
- Received and noted an update on the Waste Strategy.
- Received and noted the 2018/2019 Annual Plan September Quarterly Report.
- Adopted the amended Customer Service Charter.
- Agreed to donate $4,000 to the Red Cross Drought Relief Appeal Fund.
- Received a Code of Conduct Panel Determination Report in relation to a complaint made against Councillor Lawrence Archer.
- Adopted the revised Policy No 7 – Contribution to Boundary Fences with an amendment to the Rural Fence standard required.
- Approved a funding contribution to the Ringarooma Community Hub Association ($3,750) under the Community Grants Program to assist with upgrading of the Ringarooma Recreation Ground clubroom kitchen.
- Acknowledged the service of the outgoing Council, including former Councillor Leon Quilliam and late Mayor Barry Jarvis and heard from Councillors who wished to address the meeting.
- Discussed the following matters in Closed Session:
- Awarded a Tender to replace Council’s current Grader to a nominated tenderer
- Formalised the General Manager’s annual performance review and remuneration package.