For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held the Legerwood Hall on 15 April 2019
- Agreed to a Notice of Motion from Cr Stein to support the resumption of the vegetation maintenance works on the Bridport foreshore and extend the works, where necessary, all the way to the beginning of the industrial precinct at the Brid River Bridge.
- Received and noted the Dorset Council Annual Plan 2018/2019 March Quarterly Report.
- Adopted the corrected Dorset Council Councillor Code of Conduct – March 2019.
- Received Code of Conduct determination reports in relation to separate complaints made against former Councillors Lawrence Archer and Max Hall.
- Approved funding through the 2018/2019 Community Grants Program to the North Eastern Basketball Union ($7,010), Lions Club Scottsdale ($1,785.96), Dorset Tasmania History Group ($1,455.79), Friends of St Pauls Springfield Association Inc ($1,931.82), Bridport Girl Guides ($2,000), Legerwood Catering Group ($580.91), Bridport Innovations Inc ($1,045.45), North Eastern Pony Club ($1,530) and Lietinna Community Hall and Recreation Committee ($2,000).
- Adopted the revised Policy No 2 – Rates and Charges.
- Approved a variation to the 2018/2019 budget estimates of $114,000 to bring forward the Waste Management Strategy capital purchases, including cartage containers, cartage container covers and water and recycling mobile garbage bins (MGBs).
- Received the Financial Report for the period ended 31 March 2019.
- Approved a planning application for visitor accommodation (31 units) and associated development at 293 Gillespies Road, Crown Land and Gillespies Road (Road Reserve), Nabowla, subject to conditions.