For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions taken at the Council Meeting held on 15 February 2021 at the Winnaleah Community Centre
- Prior to the commencement of the meeting, Aunty Patsy Cameron conducted a Welcome to Country.
- Received and noted a petition with respect to the North East Rail Line removal.
- Approved a planning application for the Rail Trail comprising of the 26km portion of the North East Corridor from Wyena to Scottsdale, subject to conditions.
- Approved a planning application for the demolition of a garage and construction of a carport and attached decks at 25 Henry Street, Bridport, subject to conditions.
- Council, acting as the Planning Authority, agreed to initiate an amendment to the Dorset Interim Planning Scheme 2013 to rezone all land identified as General Residential Zone upon CT 159544/1 to Open Space Zone and submit this directly to the Minister for Planning for consideration as an urgent amendment.
- Received the financial report for the period ended 31 December 2020.
- Resolved to name the proposed new streets associated with the Northbourne Park Expansion in Scottsdale “Propsting Circle” and “Kookaburra Court” in accordance with the requirements of Placenames Tasmania.
The recording of the Council Meeting can be downloaded here.