For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions made at the Council Meeting held on 19 July 2021 at the Scottsdale Library
- Received and noted the Dorset Annual Plan 2020/21 – June Final Report.
- Agreed to rescind Policy No. 10 – Bridport Cemetery, which will allow the reopening of the Cemetery to public burials.
- Adopted a new Policy No. 59 – Stock Underpasses Council Roads.
- Endorsed the Northern Tasmania Regional Cat Management Strategy 2020-2030.
- Nominated Council Officers for the role of Dorset Municipal Emergency Management Coordinator and Deputy Municipal Emergency Management Coordinator for a term of 3 years.
- Resolved to sell to adjoining landowners approximately 500m2 of Council land to the rear of 75-77 Main Street, Derby (CT 219790/2) and that the sale price be in accordance with the independent valuation obtained by Council in June 2021.
- Approved a planning application for twelve multiple dwellings at 1 Bentley Street, Bridport, subject to conditions.
The recording of the Council Meeting can be downloaded here.