For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions made at the Council Meeting held on 16 August 2021 at the Scottsdale Library
- Agreed to an area of land for the purpose of entering into a lease for the new Derby Depot and agreed to provide a financial consideration of $30,000 to the lessee of the adjoining mining lease.
- Agreed to not proceed with the sale of public land located at 4 Kent Place, Bridport (CT 24429/22) after conducting the required public consultation under Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1993.
- Agreed to enter into a lease with the Blue Derby Foundation for the building and associated land (known as the old DMR Shed) at 57 Main Street, Derby for the purpose of communal accommodation associated with Derby businesses or other initiatives related to the trails, and approved a budget variation to contribute $65,000 to the refurbishment of the building.
- Resolved its intent to (i) donate approximately 5,000m2 of Council land to Centacare Evolve Housing and (ii) sell approximately 2,800m2 of Council land to Hussock’s Pty Ltd, located at 14 Hawkes Place, Scottsdale in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1993, and in the interim, enter into lease agreements with the respective parties until titles for applicable areas are available.
- Awarded Contract 2020/21-07 - Bridport Seaside Caravan Park Contractor Agreement, to a nominated tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
- Awarded Contract 2021/22-04 – Public Waste Collection Service, to a nominated tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
- Awarded Contract 2021/22-05 – Replacement Motor Grader 504, to a nominated tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
- Awarded Contract 2021/22-01 – Bituminous Sealing of Roads, to a nominated tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
The recording of the Council Meeting can be downloaded here.