For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or the General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions made at the Council Meeting held on 20 September 2021 at the Scottsdale Library
- Approved funding contributions to the Dorset Tasmania History Group ($659), Jetsonville Playgroup ($1,819), Legerwood Catering Group ($1,471), North East Hockey Association ($963), Winnaleah Community Swimming Pool ($1,961) and Bridport Surf Life Saving Club ($2,000) under the 2021/22 Small Grants program.
- Approved funding contributions to the Nabowla Community Association ($3,746) and Northbourne Park Association ($13,580) under the 2021/22 Matching Grants program.
- Approved funding contributions to the Ringarooma Netball Club ($3,510), Ringarooma Community Hub ($5,018) and Scottsdale Squash Club ($3,370) under the 2021/22 Discretionary Grants program.
- Resolved, while acting as Planning Authority, that the presented draft Dorset Local Provisions Schedule met the required criteria and that it is satisfied to submit the draft Schedule to the Tasmanian Planning Commission in accordance with provisions of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993.
- Resolved, subject to a satisfactory valuation, its intent to (i) donate approximately 5,000m2 of Council land to Centacare Evolve Housing and (ii) sell approximately 2,800m2 of Council land to Hussock’s Pty Ltd, located at 14 Hawkes Place, Scottsdale in accordance with the provisions of Section 178 of the Local Government Act 1993, and in the interim, enter into lease agreements with the respective parties until titles for applicable areas are available.
- Adopted reviewed Policy No.37 – Dog Management.
- Adopted reviewed Policy No.45 – Cat Management.
- Adopted reviewed and unchanged Policy No.53 – Emergency Relief Grant.
- Adopted reviewed and unchanged Policy No. 47 – Community Grants.
- Adopted reviewed and renamed Policy No.41 – Council Meeting Procedures.
- Appointed Mr Ian Wright as Chairperson of the Dorset Council Audit Panel for a further term of two years commencing 18 November 2021.
- Awarded Contract 2021/22-03 – New Skate Park - Bridport, to a nominated tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
The recording of the Council Meeting can be downloaded here.