For further information on any of these items, please contact the Mayor, Cr Greg Howard (0409 546 247) or General Manager, Mr Tim Watson (03 6352 6500).
Briefing of Decisions made at the Council Meeting held on 19 September at the Council Chambers
- Approved funding contributions to the Scottsdale Bowls Club ($13,522) and Lions Club of Bridport ($15,000) under the 2022/23 Matching Funds Grant program.
- Approved funding contributions to the North Eastern Netball Association ($573), Dorset State Emergency Service ($1,020), Ringarooma Swimming Pool ($2,000), Scottsdale Amateur Swimming Club ($1,439), Scottsdale RSL Sub Branch ($1,000), Scottsdale Tennis Club ($285), Legerwood Catering Group ($1,882) and Dorset Tasmania History Society ($1,885) under the 2022/23 Small Grants program.
- Approved funding contributions to the Bridport Tennis Club ($7,637), Ringarooma Community Hub ($4,970) and Derby Netball Club ($2,325) under the 2022/23 Discretionary Grants program.
- Acting as the Planning Authority and pursuant to sections of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, approved an amendment to the Dorset Interim Planning Scheme 2013 be initiated and certified in accordance with sections of the Act to rezone land at 1954 Bridport Road, Bridport and apply site-specific qualification to the land to provide permitted use status for (i) storage, (ii) vehicle fuel sales and service and (iii) service industry. The Planning Authority also approved a permit for a subdivision (1 lot into 2 lots), and construction of (i) self-storage compartments and ancillary caretakers residence, (ii) aircraft hangars, and (iii) service station and associated signage, subject to conditions.
- Pursuant to the Local Government Act 1993, approved and adopted the Financial Management Strategy and Long Term Financial Plan 2022-2032.
- Adopted reviewed and revised Policy 35 – Disability Access.
- Agreed to defer activities relating to the Scottsdale Urban Residential Growth Strategy, Austins Road Development and Derby Urban Residential Growth Strategy as provided in Council’s 2022/23 Annual Plan.
- Endorsed the new governance model proposed for the Northern Tasmania Waste Management Group to be hosted by NRM North.
- Awarded Contract 2022/23-03 – Bituminous Sealing of Roads, to a preferred tenderer in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
- Formalised the General Manager’s annual performance review and remuneration package in the Closed Session portion of the Meeting.
The recording of the Council Meeting can be downloaded here.