Briefing of Decisions made at the Council Meeting held on
22 January at the Council Chambers
- Received and noted community updates on rural road lighting and speed reduction on streets located within the Northbourne Park retirement precinct, noted the Council submission on the Managing Conflict of Interests of Councillors Framework, and received and noted the Management Team Briefing Report.
- Received the Bridport Seaside Caravan Park quarterly report for the period ended 31 December 2023.
- Adopted new Policy No. 60 – Dealing with Unreasonable Customer Conduct, noted that when the Office of Local Governments model framework is finalised and published, a report will be provided to Council comparing the model policy to Council’s policy and recommending a review of that policy if required, and noted that Policy No. 18 – Customer Service Charter will be updated to include reference to new Policy No. 60 in the related document section.
- Received and noted the Local Government Association of Tasmania’s Year in Review for 2023 and acknowledged the Associations support and efforts on behalf of the local government sector during 2023.
- Received and noted the 2023/24 Annual Plan December quarterly report, achieving 100% compliance for the period ended 31 December 2023.
- Presented Director – Infrastructure: Mr Michael Buckley with a Certificate of Appointment as the Municipal Emergency Management Coordinator for Dorset.