Councils are required each financial year, under Section 71 of the Local Government Act 1993, to prepare an Annual Plan.
The Act provides general guidelines for the production of the Annual Plan in that it should:
- Be consistent with the Strategic Plan
- Include a statement of the manner in which the Council is to meet the goals and objectives of the Strategic Plan
- Include a summary of the estimates adopted under section 82; and
- Include a summary of the major strategies to be used in relation to the Council’s public health goals and objectives
The benefits of the Annual Plan are that it:
- Aids and supports the budget process
- Provides an analysis of financial resource allocation
- Gives a statement of the strategies to be implemented throughout the year to address strategic planning objectives
- Provides a list of operational targets to be achieved
A copy of the Annual Plan is provided to the Director of Local Government and the Director of Public Health.
At the 25 June 2018 Council Meeting, Council adopted the 2018-19 Annual Plan which can downloaded by clicking on the link below: